Happy New Year Everyone!! I feel like I’ve been so MIA lately between the holidays and new year. But I’m back! And to kick it off today I got to be part of an awesome event with some fabulous ladies! The Sweat+Shop+Sip Event was a three person collab featuring my favorite fitness girl @fit4my4 and Kristin of Peach clothing! I got to cater the event and offered up some yummy healthy treats after Kelly taught a kick-ass Barre class! And to top it off we got to shop some beautiful clothes that Kristin brought for us. It was a great first event of the new year. But what I loved the most is how it was a full blown girls supporting girls event. From start to finish everyone worked together to make it all come together and truly supported each other’s businesses. It’s what I hope to see more of this upcoming year. And to keep everyone on thier resolution train thought I’d share one of the recipes i made for the ladies who attended the event this morning. Seriously these protein balls are so good, I think I ate 12 of them! THese are packed with rolled oats, protein (from protein powder), chocolate (yay!) honey and well I’m sure you could have guessed peanut butter!! They are the perfect grab and go pre and post workout snacks!! Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
- 3 T natural honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, craisins or preferred add-in
- 2-4 T almond milk (I used Unsweetened Vanilla, but cashew milk or any milk or even water will work!)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and mix thoroughly until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds its shape. If mixture is too dry, add in a bit more liquid but not too much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands. About an inch or the size of a meatball.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. These will keep up to a week in the fridge!