Alright, so summer is in full swing and I’m getting a bit tired of the same old drinks everyone pulls out for the warmer weather. How many frozen margaritas can one person have!? Why not impress your next group of guests, or just impress yourself, and make a batch of these super refreshing, boozy Blackberry Mojito Popsicles!
One of our favorite drinks to get on vacation are mojitos, but more so frozen mojitos! Just blend everything up with ice and it’s an adult green smoothie I can really stand behind. But without needing to pull out the blender and make a big ole mess, this recipe just takes a few minutes to throw together and a little bit of patience while they freeze overnight, but the end result is well worth it!
I bought this popsicle mold on Amazon, where let’s be honest I buy everything, and it worked great! I’m sure you could just throw this into ramekins and freeze for an Italian ice type treat! Check out the recipe below! But can we just admire how pretty these are before you do!?! Almost too good to eat. ALMOST…
Serving Size – 8-10 popsicles (depends on how much liquid your mold holds) – I got 8 into my mold!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 20 mint leaves
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 8 tablespoons light rum – I used Bacardi but use whatever you like!
- 4 ounces blackberries – cut in half otherwise they will get stuck in the mold and you won’t be able to pull it out
- In a large bowl, muddle together sugar and half the mint leaves to release the essential oils in the leaves. Pour in water, lime juice and rum, and stir until sugar is dissolved. This alone makes a fantastic cocktail, just split among a couple glasses and add club soda!
- In the popsicle molds, insert blackberries and the rest of the mint leaves. Pour in mojito mixture, filling the popsicles 1/4 inch from the top. Add popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight. (Mine took overnight to fully solidify because I MAY have added a wee bit extra rum, whoops!)