Well, there’s snow on the ground and more wet, cold weather to come this weekend. AWESOME… I think I’ve started every blog post since December with some ode to the horrendous weather we have been having. Every cold day makes me long for summer and days by the pool and vacations somewhere warm! And when I’m on said vacation or by the pool, I love me a cocktail, just like this one!
How it all began – Last Friday I got to co-host a skin-care launch party, which was SOOO fun. If you caught my stories on Instagram, you saw that we dressed it up with a Spa-Garden theme, which lead to some colorful snacks, refreshing citrus infused water and this light and yummy punch! When I think of a spa, I immediately envision women laying with mud masks and cucumber over their eyes, which is basically the main focus of this cocktail. It’s crisp and cool taste was a big hit with the crew and everyone agreed it’d be a perfect companion at the beach or pool come the warmer weather! Only what 5 months to go till then!? UGH. But anyway, back to the punch. A few ingredients and a quick mix was just what it needed, but don’t let the light taste fool you. This bad boy packs a punch (pun intended) and can definitely be a bit dangerous! You don’t taste the alcohol at all, so it’s not at all heavy. I could even see this all getting blended up with ice for a frosty adult treat! It can also be scaled back to make a single drink, but it’s a great easy batch recipe for BBQs or parties, and gets better as the fruit and herbs sit and meld together. Added bonus of this drink!? Pull out a couple of the cucumbers out as you sip and rest them on your eyes. Instant at home spa treatment! Gotta love a drink that makes you more beautiful as you sip.
- Cucumbers – Thinly Sliced (I used half of a very large cucumber)
- San Pellegrino Limonata – Italian Lemon Soda – 4 cans
- Juice from 1 whole Lemon
- Lemon Slices
- Club Soda
- Place sliced cucumber, lemon and lemon juice into a large punch bowl.
- Slowly, as to not fizz up, the lemon soda
- Add half the 1L bottle of vodka (This punch served 8 ladies with second helping each)
- Stir together gently and let sit in the fridge for at least 30mins – 1 hour
- When ready to serve throw in the mint leaves and top with some Club soda for a fizzy finish.
- Add ice and serve!