Who cracks open a bottle of wine with dinner, has two glasses then has the remaining half full bottle sit in their fridge or on their counter for 3+ weeks and end up tossing it because you forgot how long you let it sit and don’t want to be the one to realize it’s now vinegar and not wine? Well I got the best way to save those last sips from your half empty bottles and make a simple and fruity drink that will also use up your left over fruit! I call that a WIN, WIN situation. I present to you all, the Lazy Girl Sangria.
I’m 100% positive I’m not the only one, but if there’s a pitcher of Sangria in my reach, I will drink the entire pitcher of Sangria! Another reason this recipe is great is that it’s a one glass wonder so you don’t totally reverse that last yoga or Orange Theory class. Now I have to say this does, just like any good sangria, get better the longer it sits. SO if you are cutting up some fruit in the morning for the kids’ snack or breakfast, throw this together quickly and leave it in the fridge for the evening! Or if you have one last glass in that bottle you enjoyed at dinner, make it that night and have a yummy cocktail waiting for you to enjoy at lunch or brunch, or after your morning coffee. No judging here!! You won’t be disappointed with this one. I am using red wine in this, but feel free to use any wine you like or have on hand. White wine and peaches would be great together, especially with peach season soon upon us! You really can’t mess this up!
Ingredients – Makes 1 glass
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 2 Orange Slices
- 2-3 tablespoons orange liquor (I used Grand Marnier)
- 4 ounces red wine
- club soda
- garnish: more raspberries and citrus segments
- In the bottom of a wine glass, add the raspberries and orange slices. Muddle and mash them. I just used the back of a spoon. Nothing fancy here folks!
- Add the orange liquor and red wine. Stir.
- Throw in a couple of ice cubes and top with club soda.
- Toss in a few whole raspberries and garnish with an orange segment. ENJOY!